Each year the San Diego Brewers Guild (SDBG) is host to San Diego Beer Week. The 10-day event includes tastings, pairings, tours, dinners, festivals, beer gardens and more featured throughout 18 different regions across the county. See here for the complete San Diego Beer Week event list.
For those that are unaware there are a little over 130 active breweries & craft breweries in San Diego. Surprisingly, more are still being added by the day – all of which have a different taste or style that differentiates
them from one another. It’s no wonder why the SDBG feel the need each year to devote an entire week to indulging in tasty suds of everyone’s favorite, and some, most coveted breweries. There’s also a reason San Diego is host to one of the most popular beer week events when considering 4 of the Top Craft Breweries in the United States make San Diego, “The Capital of Craft,” their home base.
With a combined 10 days worth of events it’s hard to decide which one’s are worth your time & money. Here’s a few we found that you might enjoy:
- November 4 & 5 – San Diego Brewers Guild Festival @ the Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier
- November 4 – Night of Barrel Aging & Darkness w/ Dessert Pairing @ Public House La Jolla
- November 5 – Venissimo Cheese Pairing @ Thorn St. Brewery
- November 6 – Featuring Acoustic Ales, Artifex & Societe Brewing @ Public House La Jolla
- November 7 – 3rd Annual Brew, Views and Chews @ Tom Ham’s Lighthouse
- November 8 – Karl Strauss/Belching Beaver tasting @ TapRoom SD (featuring rare pours)
- November 9 – NPBC Beer Floats w/ ice cream provided by Hammond’s Gourmet Ice Cream
- November 10 – Lost Abbey/Stone tasting @ TapRoom SD (featuring barrel-aged beers)
- November 11 – All Hopped Up & Slider Pairings Featuring Knee Deep, Artifex & many MORE @ Public House La Jolla
- November 12 – Carnitas’ Snack Shack Beer Brunch @ Thorn St. Brewery
- November 13 – Beer Garden @ The Lodge at Torrey Pines
- Renaissance San Diego Downtown Hotel – Located north of Horton Plaza and home to the The Rooftop Bar, a featured stop on our Downtown/Little Italy walking tour, the Renaissance San Diego Downtown Hotel by Marriott is offering an exclusive online deal for SDBW attendees. Book online and use discount code: A3P for 20% OFF your stay!
- Public Transit – Travel by bus, trolley, train or rail line.
- Ride Share Companies – Lyft (exclusive transportation partner)
- Bike – San Diego Bike Map
With HUNDREDS of events to choose from over the 10-day period there’s literally something for EVERYONE to partake in. And, if you aren’t feeling up for an entire afternoon devoted to beer, you can join us in one of 6 different neighborhoods as we make our way through America’s Finest City, one #bite at a time.