Nestled in the heart of Old Encinitas along Highway 101 rests one of the few true vegan-friendly eateries, EVE Encinitas. As explained on their website, “EVE is a place where you can find respite, growth, and nourishment for your soul and body.” EVE takes the food & dining experience to a whole new dimension utilizing delicious flavors and ingredients you wouldn’t find on a menu at even the most fancy of spots in San Diego. Aside from their expansive menu of vegan and vegetarian choices ranging from superfood smoothies to jackfruit tacos, they are also host to a wide array of classes & events which they hold in the back room of the restaurant.
Before we get your tummy growling, take a look at some of their upcoming events. You can find their full list of events on the EVE Encinitas Facebook page.
- Saturday, November 19: Elevated Awareness: Yoga/AcroYogis, DTO, and Plant-Powered Education
- Enjoy an hour long Yoga class with infused essential oils, live music by DTO specifically designed for a 60-minute Yoga class followed by EVE smoothie samples.
- Saturday, December 3: Community Event for Dogs + Their Humans
- From 2:30pm-3:30pm, take your little fur ball canine to EVE Encinitas for a holistic approach to pet obedience. Dogs are free, humans are $20. PURCHASE TICKETS HERE.
- Wednesday, December 7: Ma-Spa Day
- A day of pampering just for mom’s to help ease the upcoming holiday headache. Tickets to this event include spa services, a workshop on the act of Self Love and Care, some healthy snacks (of course!), and a free DIY gift.
The menu at EVE includes a phenomenal list of menu items from breakfast entrees, to lunch items, locally famous desserts, smoothies and cold-pressed juices. You can a lighter option like the Summer Lovin’ Salad (pictured above). Ingredients include fresh kale & arugula, pears, fresh corn with heirloom tomatoes and shaved onion in a light apple cider sunflower seed vinaigrette.
Maybe you prefer something a little more “hearty?” Have no fear for Jackfruit is here! Personally, some of us are meat eaters at BITE, but we can speak volumes to the taste and texture this food provides. Your “plate” is piled high with roasted, organic Jackfruit tossed in BBQ sauce. As you can see below you also receive a few generous sides of beans, roasted corn, and cabbage slaw.
Although the holidays usually involve a ton of sweets, we thought you might enjoy, or at least looking at, one of their many beautifully hand crafted desserts. The vegan earl grey and blueberry cheesecake is the local’s favorite dessert that’s not too heavy but is packed with a ton of healthy flavors. Topped with fresh blueberries and a crust that melts in your mouth, there’s really no excuse as to why you shouldn’t eat this BEFORE or after dinner.
EVE Encinitas is a weekly participant on the Bite Encinitas Restaurant Tour which will be running for the last time this Saturday! Tickets are still available for purchase, and you can find more information on the tour by visiting this page.
Thanks for reading, Fellow Foodie, and Happy Healthy Chomping!