Coronado Walking Tour
OUR CORONADO WALKING FOOD TOUR IS FOR AGES 16+.
When: Saturdays at 2pm
Where: Meeting location near Coronado Ferry Landing (exact location provided upon purchase)
What: 3-hour guided walking tour covering a 2 mile route with 5 or more restaurant stops
Spots: 15 (maximum number of bookings per tour)
Our Coronado walking tour starts on the beautiful San Diego bay and guides you down bustling Orange Avenue, towards the historic Hotel Del Coronado. During your walk hear how “The Crown City” has roots that tie back to Spanish settlers dating to the seventeenth century.
Get the inside story about how this city influenced movies like “The Wizard of Oz” and drew a range of celebrities from Marilyn Monroe to Babe Ruth to a plethora of U.S. Presidents. Take the co-pilot seat as your guide explains the significance of Coronado and Naval Aviation and how Charles Lindbergh’s transatlantic flight started at this location. Meanwhile listen to your guide explain the history behind the Coronado Bridge while you take in the beautiful San Diego skyline.
While you gab and grab grub, your tour guide will tell you all about the funky little “Peninsula in the Port of San Diego.” Listen to the reasons behind Coronado’s California culture today, and why the food you are sampling is surely the best food San Diego’s little sister island has to offer.
The stops on our Coronado tour includes restaurants, such as:
- Tartine NEW! - European inspired cafe serving sweet & savory treats and bistro fare. www.tartinecoronado.com
- Peohe's - Coronado's tropical island getaway complete with breathtaking views and Pacific Rim flavors. www.peohes.com
- Nado Gelato by Bottega Italiana - Award winning gelato modeled off an acclaimed Gelatieri in Italy. www.nadogelato.com (check out their Restaurant Spotlight)
- Clayton's Coffee Shop & Mexican Takeout Window - Old-timey landmark serving up everything from classic American meals to Mexican food, plus coffee and jukebox tunes. Clayton's Coffee Shop on Yelp
- Candela's on the Bay - Modern Mexican dining, with one of best views of San Diego's skyline. www.candelasonthebay.com (take a look at our blog)
- Coronado Taste of Oils - The only place on the "island" to get the freshest olive oils and finely aged vinegars from around the world. www.coronadotasteofoils.com